What is an Attic Renovation?
Attic renovation involves a systematic process to identify, repair and remediate an attic to return it to a healthy, energy efficient, useable space in the home. Attic renovation includes the following prescriptive services:
- Attic insulation removal with a commercially rated 15 H.P. vacuum into a disposable waste management system and discarded. Learn More
- Identification of entry/exit points for rodent/reptile or pest infestation and sealing of identified areas.
- Sealing of attic floor joists, decking, top plates to prevent passing of hot attic air, dust and contaminates into the living structure of the home. Learn More
- Sealing of leaky can lights and recessed lighting to prevent energy waste, decreased comfort and contaminates transferred from the attic to the living structure. Learn More
- Installation of an approved Attic Hatch where indicated. Learn More
- Duct sealing and/or replacement as indicated by Infiltrometer and Blower Door Testing results. Learn More
- Installation of additional fresh air makeup and dehumidification through use of an ERV or other indicated equipment needed to return the living structure to a positive pressure structure with the A.S.H.R.A.E. prescribed amount of healthy air exchanges in a 24 hour period.
- Installation of new Owens Corning Pink Fiberglass Blown-In Insulation in recommended amounts for the structure. Learn More