Choosing the Best HVAC System for Your Needs
Not sure which system is appropriate for your needs, let our Comfort Consultant recommend options that meet your comfort and financial needs. N.A.T.E. Certified and factory trained with the tools to address your home comfort issues, our Comfort Consultants will offer solutions such as programmable thermostats, air cleaners and variable-speed and two stage technology. The ultimate in customer service, design, proper equipment sizing and a quality installation-ALL brought to you by an air conditioning contractor you can trust to do the job right the first time- Air Care Systems, Inc.
Schedule your FREE In-Home Consultation
Tell your Comfort Consultant all of the things you would like to fix with your heating and air system. By educating yourself on what you’d like your system to do for your home and asking upfront for these features, you will be happier in the long run.
There are two important considerations when selecting the best heating and air system for your needs:
Hire a capable contractor. With central heating and cooling, product performance and reliability are directly related to the contractor’s ability to design and install a proper system. Check out our tips on how to select the right contractor.
Know what you want. Because air conditioning and heating purchases aren’t made very often, you may not know about the latest technology or solutions for common indoor problems. Now’s the time to speak up if you’d like to save energy, lower utility costs, reduce hot and cold spots or fix a host of other problems.
A heating and air purchase is a 10-15- year commitment, so now is the time to get the system that will satisfy your family’s needs for a long time coming. Start by reviewing the questions below.
Do you want to control temperature by room?
- Zoning systems let you control the temperature by room or area of the home. You can zone as little as two areas (like an upstairs and downstairs), or you can zone up to eight. The ability to zone your home, and the approach to zoning, may vary depending on your home layout.
Do you want to lower your energy bills?
- If you have high gas bills in the winter, ask about furnaces rated 95% AFUE or higher.
- If you have high electric bills in the summer, ask about air conditioning systems rated 15 SEER or higher.
Would you like to reduce the amount of hot and cold spots in your home?
- If you feel hot/cold spots predominately during mild temperature days, ask about multi-stage options.
- Basic two-stage systems use two stages of cooling/heating to give you better comfort during mild temperature days.
- Better two-stage systems use two stages of cooling/heating plus a variable-speed blower to provide more even temperatures and fresher air.
- The best is a modulating system that offers a multitude of stages to provide the most precise temperature control, comfort and noise reduction. Not all manufacturers have indoor and outdoor modulating systems like Maytag® iQ Drive.
Do you want to reduce dust?
Do you want to reduce pet dander?
Does anyone in your family suffer from allergies?
Would you like it less humid in your home?
Does your home get too dry in winter?
Maytag® HVAC Limited Parts Warranty and Dependability Promise.
Maytag heating and air products offer one of the longest warranties in the business: 12 years on all parts. Product registration is required for maximum warranty coverage. Warranty applies to equipment manufactured after January 1, 2014.
The BEST BUY SEAL is a registered trademark of Consumers Digest Communications, LLC, used under license.
When You’re Dependable, You Have the Awards to Prove It.
- 2013 A Consumers Digest Best Buy award for premium air conditioners, iQ Drive® air conditioner model PSA4BI
- 2012 A Consumers Digest Best Buy award for premium heat pumps, iQ Drive® model PSH4BI
- 2012 Dealer Design Award, selected by an independent, dependable panel of heating and air conditioning contractors, air handler model B6EMMX
- 2011 A Consumers Digest Best Buy award for premium air conditioners, iQ Drive® air conditioner model PSA4BI
- 2010 Dealer Design Award, selected by an independent panel of professional HVACR contractors, iQ Drive® heat pump model PSH4BI
- 2008 Contracting Business Comfortech Product Showcase Award Winner for Forced Air Cooling, iQ Drive® air conditioner model PSA4BI
- 2008 AHR Expo Innovation award for the Cooling Performance category and the Overall Winner of the AHR Expo Innovation Award surpassing all categorical winners, iQ Drive® air conditioner model PSA4BI.
- 2007 Dealer Design Award, selected by an independent panel of professional HVACR contractors, iQ Drive® air conditioner model PSA4BI.
Homeowners looking to reduce energy bills should look to their heating and air system. An HVAC system is the biggest energy consumer in the home. Consider going green with your air conditioner and furnace in order to save the most on your utility bills – and help the environment.
Here’s what to look for in green heating and air systems from Maytag:
ENERGY STAR.Look for products that meet or exceed ENERGY STAR guidelines. As a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy, ENERGY STAR rates products and practices based on energy efficiency. To qualify as ENERGY STAR, products must exceed governmental performance minimums.
Maytag® ecoLogic®. Maytag heating and cooling has its own way of designating the greenest systems – ecoLogic. Our ecoLogic systems exceed ENERGY STAR requirements and include comfort features such as sound reduction, smart controls and multi-stage operation for a uniform air mix. Maytag believes that being environmentally responsible is about more than energy; it’s also about making your home quieter and more comfortable.